Dr. Ashok Kumar Tiwari
Visiting professor and PhD. Guide in Management, Electrical Power Sector Engineer in India.
1. B.E. in Electrical Engineering .
2. M.Tech. in Computer Engineering .
3. M.B.A. in Marketing Management.
4. Ph.D. in Energy Management
5. Microsoft Certified Professional
6. Project Management Certified Professional
7. Certified Energy Auditor - Govt. of India
8. International Electrical Competency Certificate
9. Electrical Supervisory Licence- Govt. of M.P.
10. Course in Cyber
Law- NSCL Bangalore
SCADA, DMS and Power system Automation – Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad
Networking and Communication for Power Engineers- BRBRITT, BSNL Jabalpur
His name is listed in USA's Marquis Who's Who Directory in Science
and Engineering as an Electrical Expert.
He was honored as " Leading Scientist of the year 2005 " by IBC Cambridge
Executive Development Programmes completed:
Indian Institute of
Indian Institute of
AS A PROFESSOR:-
He taught many subjects on electrical, electronics, power and computer engineering
, applied sciences and management at various engineering colleges and universities of India. He was examiner to many colleges
FIELD ENGINEERING WORKS DONE:-
1. Executed the tasks of Industrial
2. Thyristorised control H.T. Motors
3. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)and SCADA
4. Operation and maintenance of Large D.G.Sets
5. Operation and maintenance of Captive Thermal Power plant
Dr. Tiwari worked for more then 20 years in state owned electricity utilities (M.P. State
Electricity Board) and gained work experience in--
i) EHV SubStation operation and control
Operation and maintenance of EHV substations Equipments.
iii) Design, erection, installation and commissioning of EHV
Sub-stations and EHV Lines. ISI Code of Practice.
iv) Testing of EHV equipments, relays, HT meters and instruments
by latest technology.
v) Distribution network planning, GIS,MIS, MDAS etc
MANAGERIAL SKILLS IN POWER SECTOR:-
qualities in project management such as Substation Construction and Speedy restoration of Power Supply with team building
2. Finance control in Power Projects with proven record of managerial qualities.
3. Use of Dynamic Control tools in Power Projects.
4. Project Planning, Network Analysis (PERT/CPM),Project Scheduling, Resource Allocation , Project Monitoring and
5. Inventory Management and Statistical Quality Control
1. Sound knowledge of Indian electricity acts/rules/electricity reforms/CERC Regulations/Private sector participation
in Power Sector
2. Prepared many writ/cases with law officers of SEBs.
3. Personally appeared in courts and discussed electricity cases.
1. Preparation of estimates.
2. Preparation of Purchase Specifications for EHV Equipments with ISI Specifications.
3. Transportation of heavy electrical equipments/transit insurance.
4. Preparation of enquiries/ tender documents.
COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL IN POWER ENGINEERING:-
1. SCADA - Programming and Communication
2. Computer aided operation of Power System
3. Microprocessor based Protective Relays
4. CAD of Transmission Towers, Power Stations and Electrical Machines.
5. Data Center
Dr. Tiwari develops Softwares in C++,Java,Oracle and Visual BASIC etc. under Windows/Unix /Linux environment
for power Engineering Projects. SAP as ERP software in electric utilities. He is good network specialist, Internet developer
and web designer. MEMBERSHIPS:-
Dr. Tiwari is member of many national and international
professional bodies in Power / Electrical Engineering and participated in many national and international seminars/ conferences.
He was awarded by many honors. PUBLISHED WORKS:-
Dr. Tiwari wrote many technical papers for national and international journals of
repute. PRESENT INTERESTS:-
His present field of interests
Materials for high temperature superconductivity,
Energy Management Information System,
Fractal Chaos in Grid disturbances.
Simulation and Markov Analysis in Power Engineering,
Nash Equilibrium Analysis for Grid Management,
Event recorders/fault locators and expert
SCADA in transmission and distribution,
Intelligent air insulated substations,
Gas insulated substations,
Fiber optics in power system data transmission
Digital optical instrument transformers,
Voltage stability studies and preventive
measure against voltage collapse,
Remote terminal units RTU,
Distribution System Automation And Control,
HVDC and gas insulated cables,
Flexible AC transmission system (FACT),
Biological effects of Electromagnetic
CAD of towers and transmission lines,
Computer aided Power system operation,
Microprocessor based protective relays,
Wireless Transmission of Bulk Power,
1. Rakhi Bhattacharjee- “An investigation of
the impact of incentive payment motivation strategy on sales force performance in specific Indian companies”, CMJ University
1. Sadhna Dixit- Assessment of Energy management in Companies, IGNOU Delhi 2008
2. Shailja Singh T- Retailers response analysis in Ice cream industry- BU Bhopal 2010
3. Praveen Choudhary- Development of web self service for MPPKVVCL Jabalpur, RDVV Jabalpur 2011
4. Shivani Thakur- Study of Employee Satisfaction level about the training programme organized by MPPKVVCL Jabalpur, LNCTM,
BU Bhopal 2011
Approved Ph.D. Guide:
1. CMJ University Shillong, India
2. JJT University Jhunjhnu, India
1. Supervisory and Managerial Training given to employees of NCL at Central
Excavation Training Institute (CETI) Singrauli M.P.
2. Training given to employees of NTPC
3. Training given to employees of RGPL
4. Soft Skill Training given to staff of VAPL
5. Working as E.E.(Training) additional charge, as
HEAD of the training management of the company I am imparting training to Managers, Engineers, Line staff and office staff
. Full participation in Curriculum development, class room training and performance appraisal system.